Course / Curriculum Affiliation
Courses and curricula in myCourseVille can be affiliated with institution registered to myCourseVille. An instructor or person who requests for the opening of a course / curriculum is obligned to provide accurate affiliation of the requested course / curruculum.
Facebook account is used as one of the means for myCourseVille to authenticate each of its users. We do not require users to share or allow myCourseVille to access any non-public information of the accounts on the Facebook platform.
Personal Identification Information / Personal Data
Personal Identification Information (also referred to as Personal data) means information about an individual by which an individual can be identified, directly or indirectly, but not including the information of the deceased in particular.
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit myCourseVille, access courses, conduct learning activities, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available in myCourseVille
Non-personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with myCourseVille. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to myCourseVille, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Characteristics of Personal Identification Information we Collect
We will collect the following Personal Identification Information:
- Personally identifiable information such as name, date of birth
- Contact information such as telephone numbers, e-mails
- Personal information such as user account name, password
- Information on activities and learning outcomes such as enrollment in courses activities you do in the course
- Technical information such as IP Addresses, login information Platform usage information, settings and browser connection of the device you use to access the Platform.
Sources of Personal Identification Information
We receive your Personal Identification Information in two ways:
- We receive Personal Identification Information directly from you. We will collect your Personal Identification Information from the followings.
- When you register an account to use our services.
- When you request to join a course in the Learning Support System (LMS).
- When you fill out the information to register for an online course.
- From collecting information about your use of the Platform through browser cookies.
- From your inquiry or through correspondence via email or other communication channels such as telephones so that the service provider can contact you back.
- When you log in to your account on our platform or other related applications such as Facebook
- In the case of signing in with Facebook, we programmatically receive your Facebook account name from the Facebook platform as a part of the authentication process.
Purposes of Data Processing
We store your Personal Identification Information:
- in order for the Learning Support System (LMS) and the Online Course Platform to function for the purposes of the service, including conducting learning activities and course evaluation, processing of learning outcomes and learning history, tracking learning activities in the course for quality assurance purposes
- for the purpose of data analysis and offering additional learning activities based on your learning results and learning history
- for the purpose of obtaining after service information such as asking for information or comments on service qualities
- in order to verify that you are the one accessing your account
- in order to manage the relationship between the service provider and the user
- for the purpose of system development as well as researches regarding developing computer algorithms that are useful for the services of Learning Support Systems (LMS) and online course learning systems
- in order to comply with the law and government regulations
- in order to comply with the rules applicable to the service provider, including allowing service providers to transfer personal data to business groups and service providers' partners data processor or any agency that has a contract with a service provider.
Processing of Personal Identification Information
When receiving Personal Identification Information from you, we will do the following.
- Store the information on computer systems used by the service, including Amazon AWS and other computer systems maintained by Chulalongkorn University.
- We will use the data collected to carry out the activities stated in the section. "Purposes of Data Processing"
- We will disclose information about individual names, teaching activities and assessment measurements in courses both in the Learning Support System (LMS) and Online Courses to
- Instructors, teaching assistants and staff whose roles in the courses are known among course members.
- Other assistants assigned by the instructors or staff of the courses.
- Representatives of the agencies that the courses are affiliated with. The agencies must make a memorandum specifying the names of the representatives of the agency and signed by an authorized person of that agency.
- Chulalongkorn will disclose information to researchers or personnel in projects related to "myCoursesVille", including personnel working in the projects, employees of the Learning Innovation Center, employees under employment contracts of companies that have cooperation agreements or contracts with Chulalongkorn University related to "myCoursesVille"
Storing of Personal Identification Information
The controller stores your Personal Identification Information as follows:
- Personal Identification Information collected are in the form of Hard Copy and/or Soft Copy.
- Personal Identification Information are stored on computer systems, including Amazon AWS and other computer systems maintained by Chulalongkorn University, and in personal devices used by those appointed to support the users.
- Personal Identification Information are stored indefinitely until we received requests for data deletion from the corresponding data subject or when it is necessary to delete the data due to matters regarding storage of the system.
- In cases where we have no longer claim a basis for processing your Personal Identification Information, we will destroy the data by deleting it from the computer system within 180 days
Data Subject Rights
You, as the data subject of your Personal Identification Information, have the rights to do the following:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed when your personal data is stored including relevant details such as storage methods and storage periods
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of Personal Identification Information that you had given us your consent throughout the period that your personal data is stored by us.
- Right of access to personal data: You have the right to access your personal data and ask us to make a copy of them for you, including asking us to disclose the acquisition of personal information that you have not given us consent to.
- Right to rectification of personal data: You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies or incomplete information.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your data for some reasons.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to suspend the use of your personal data for some reasons.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to transfer your personal data to another data controller or yourself for some reasons.
- Right to objection of personal data processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for some reasons.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to submit a request for action in accordance with the above rights.
Exceptions to the exercise of rights can be found at the Personal Data Protection Guideline (TDPG2.0) and the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society website (http://www.mdes.go.th)
You do not need to pay any fees in carrying out the above rights by which we will consider the request and notify the result of consideration of your request within 30 days from the date we receive the request.
Requesting Data Deletion
To make a request to delete your data from myCourseVille, please contact email@example.com. You will be notified of the result within 30 days from the date we receive the request.
Filing a Complaint for the Handling of Personal Identification Information
If you wish to submit a complaint for the handling of your Personal Identification Information, including requesting access to personal information, correction of personal information, requesting for revocation of consent to personal data, you can contact the Learning Innovation Center, Chulalongkorn University as detailed in the section. "Contacting Us"
Web browser Cookies
Browser Cookies must be enabled to use myCourseVille.
Your Acceptance of these Terms
By using myCourseVille, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use myCourseVille. Your continued use of myCourseVille following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
For General/Personal Data Inquiries
myCourseVille Customer Support
Faculty of Engineering,
Tel: 662-218-6407, 66-86-373-7337
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/mycourseville
For Complaints regarding the Handling of Personal Data
If you wish to submit a complaint regarding the handling of your Personal Identification Information, please contact:
Learning Innovation Center
Charmchuri 2 Building, 2nd floor
Phyathai Rd., Pathumwan, Bangkok Thailand, 10330
Tel: 662-218-0232, 662-218-0242
This document was last updated on October 13th, 2021